We believe that ice cream should not only taste amazing, but also be good to your bodies and to the earth. As such, we take ingredient-sourcing VERY seriously and choose our partners based not only on the taste of their products, but also on their values.
We are honored to work with:
- Clover Sonoma – a certified B-Corporation and the first dairy company in the U.S. to be certified by the American Humane Association. Clover Sonoma family farms treat cows with kindness and respect: open pastures, a diet of fresh grass, hay and grains, and clean bedding when they go to sleep. It MATTERS where your milk comes from; their quality of life directly impacts the quality and taste of their milk (in addition to aligning with our moral compass).
- Guittard Chocolate – a Bay Area family-run company going back five generations (1868!) that believes honorably sourced ingredients and strong relationships contribute to expertly crafted, high-quality chocolate.
- Equator Coffees – the first coffee roaster in California to become a Certified B. Corp. The female-founded company is a demonstrative leader in using business as a force for good.
- Vegware — the global specialist in plant-based compostable foodservice packaging. Vegware products are made from plants using renewable, lower carbon, recycled or reclaimed materials.
- Chico Honey – third-generation beekeepers producing pure, raw, unfiltered, undiluted, unblended, never processed or pasteurized honey.
- Perfect Day™ – a Berkeley-based startup (and partner in Smitten N’Ice Cream) that developed flora-made (animal-free) dairy protein. It’s identical to the protein found in cow’s milk, but made without a single cow. We joined forces to create THE BEST VEGAN PRODUCT ON THE MARKET, with virtually the same taste and texture as Smitten’s standard ice cream, but completely animal-free and with less carbon footprint.
- Edible Spoon – offering edible spoons (yep, you eat the spoon) that are all-natural, vegan, protein-rich, and have zero waste footprint.