From a company that churns ice cream to-order for each and every person who walks through our doors, we are firm believers in individuality.
And, as a company that is rooted in innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, we find that creativity is best fostered when we have a diverse group of individuals using their voices.
The Smitten team is now over 200 individuals from different backgrounds and different walks of life, with different hopes and dreams that inspire us daily.
So this Election Day, we’re taking time to reflect on what we stand for as individuals and as a team.
- We believe that all voices should be heard and that it is our civic responsibility to speak up.
- We believe that diversity is beautiful.
- We model the empathy, compassion, and humility that we expect from others.
- We believe in protecting our environment, even when it means making tough decisions to own our impact on the world.
- We do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
But today, the world is looking at our country, and what happens today is too important to default to “business as usual.” So here’s what we’re doing about it:
All of our scoop shops will be closed from 12 – 2pm today to allow our team members to go to the polls.
Sure, this means we’ll sell less ice cream. But we think a vote is more important than a scoop today.
So thanks for listening, and please (with a cherry on top of Smitten Ice Cream) – GO VOTE.
Robyn Sue Fisher, Founder and Chief Brrrista