Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Information We Collect
Our Websites collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Websites, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Smitten Ice Cream disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by either:
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sending a letter to Smitten Ice Cream, 121 Capp Street, St, San Francisco, CA 94110.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Smitten Ice Cream, 904 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA 94110
Information we collect
Information you provide to us
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you Customers. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including name, email address, postal address, and telephone number
- Commercial and Financial Information, including purchases, other purchasing behavior, and credit card or debit card number
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you In-Store Customers. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including email address and name
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you Newsletter Subscribers. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including name, email address, telephone number, and postal address
- Commercial and Financial Information, including purchases and other purchasing behavior
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you Website Visitors. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including email address and name
- Commercial and Financial Information, including purchases
Information collected automatically
We automatically collect internet or other electronic information about you when you visit our website, such as IP address, browsing history and interactions with our website. We also collect geolocation data. This data may be collected using browser cookies and other unique personal identifiers.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. When we detect a Do Not Track signal, we place a U.S. Privacy String setting in your browser so that any third party who respects that signal will not track your activity on our website. We also respect the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal, a user-enabled global privacy control that opts you out of the sale of personal information. GPC is supported by certain internet browsers or as a browser extension.
Information from other sources
We may collect personal information about you from third-party sources, including Ad Networks, Data Analytics Providers, and Other consumers (e.g., referrals).
California Privacy Notice (CCPA)
This section provides additional information for California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The terms used in this section have the same meaning as in the CCPA. This section does not apply to information that is not considered “personal information,” such as anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated information, nor does it apply to publicly available information as defined in the CCPA.
Business and Commercial Purposes for Collection
We collect personal information for the following business purposes:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Audit Current Interactions
- Internal Research
- Provide Products or Services
- Short-Term Transient Use
We also “share” and “sell” (as defined in the CCPA) personal information for commercial purposes, including to advertise and market our products.
If you have any privacy-related questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.